Brunch with Benefits
Bone Broth is one of those foods that has been around for centuries. It’s known for it’s wide range of health benefits, including gut health (uh great for me and my IBS yes yes yes) BUT if you’re like me, aka impatient, finding time to make it can be a pain (most recipes need about 24 hours to cook)
Let’s call it, BRUNCH WITH BENEFITS
- Mitchell's bone broth powder – about 2 tablespoons
- 3 medium to large sized potatoes, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- In a large bowl, mix all of the above (other than the butter) until it’s fully combined. Heat up a cast iron pan (it doesn’t have to be cast iron but you will need something that is oven proof) throw in the butter and let it melt. From there, add your potato mix and let it cook away.
- After about 5 – 7 minutes, remove it from the heat and pop it in a preheated 180 deg oven on bake, for about 15 minutes or until the potato is cooked all the way through.
- You should be left with a really crunchy, crispy bottom if you choose not to stir it or flip it.
- Serve with your fave style of egg – mines poached, but fried or even baked into the mix would be wicked.