Boost Your Body Naturally with Hydrolyzed Collagen Powder in NZ
Should you add a source of hydrolyzed collagen powder from NZ to your diet? Although it may sound complicated, this type of dietary supplement is quite simple. To understand, we must first consider one of the most basic building blocks of everything our bodies do: amino acids. When chained together, amino acids form proteins and other important biological molecules, and they contribute to our body's good health. Our bodies cannot make all amino acids — the ones that we need to source from our diet; we call "essential." A hydrolysed marine collagen powder contains essential amino acids in a bioavailable format, meaning your body can more easily absorb them.
At Mitchells, we're excited to offer a high-quality, New Zealand-made product for those searching for a simple way to supplement their bodies with hydrolysed marine collagen peptides. What exactly are these nutrients, and what do they do?
What Are Hydrolysed Marine Collagen Peptides?
There's a lot to break down here, from where these peptides originate to what "hydrolysed" means. Although the result is a simple powder that is easy to consume, understanding where it comes from first is a good step — always know what you're putting in your body! Here are some quick facts:
- Our product is powder-based and contains a wide range of amino acids (aka peptides) derived from marine sources, such as fish, and is up to 90 percent protein in total. The product is all-natural, with no artificial additives
- Consuming collagen directly isn't very pleasant, nor is it an easy way to access its amino acids. "Hydrolysed" powders contain aminos derived from the breakdown of collagen, so it is easier to digest. Hydrolysing is simply a scientific term for the breakdown process.
- In this form, amino acids are highly "bioavailable" — meaning the body readily absorbs them through the gut lining due to their small size.
The Potential Benefits of Hydrolysed Marine Collagen Powder
Why do people choose to include collagen supplements in their diet? Many do so for the purported health benefits that might occur from supplying the body with additional amino acids. Some of the most commonly reported reasons for consuming a hydrolysed collagen supplement:
- Our bodies naturally produce collagen using proline, one of the non-essential amino acids. However, the body loses its ability to make as much collagen as we age. Marine collagen supplements may support the body's regenerative capabilities.
- Collagen peptides may assist in promoting good gut health. Specifically, the amino acids proline, glycine, and glutamine may contribute to healthy intestinal linings. Peptides don't have any direct influence on your gut microbiome, another vital part of intestinal health, but they may contribute in other ways.
- These supplements may play a role in strengthening nails and hair, both of which rely on the body's natural collagen-making abilities to grow.
What Sets Mitchells Apart Regarding Marine Hydrolysed Collagen Powder?
Recognising the reasons many people choose to supplement with peptides, we set out to provide a resource of proven quality for our neighbours in New Zealand. Aside from our enriching bone broth products, we've also made it fast and easy to add collagen to your day. How do we stand apart?
- We source our products from within New Zealand and only use sources that supply collagen from sustainably caught marine sources. While you look after your body, we aid in looking after the environment with better business practices.
- Our powders are entirely flavourless and odourless. There is no hint of the collagen's original source when you consume it; it's quick and easy to add a scoop to your preferred beverage.
- We're a customer-centric business. Whenever you have questions or concerns, you can always count on our team to be close at hand, ready to provide answers.
Owned and operated in New Zealand, we started Mitchells because we saw a need for improved nutrition and access to better quality and natural supplements. With easy access to essential amino acids and collagen-derived peptides, it's easy to equip your body with extra resources as you strive to develop better health and wellness. Start your order now, or let us know if you have any questions.