Here’s 4 key tips that can help you support your gut…
1. Relax The Body
- Tip 1. Try deep belly breathing. This tells your body that you are safe!
- Tip 2. Opt for restorative exercise over high intensity e.g. walking rather than running, yoga rather than HIIT.
2. Heal and Seal the Gut!
Many factors including stress, toxins and diet can affect the health of your gut lining. Leaky gut is common and refers to the gut being like a sieve where it can leak not so good stuff (food proteins, bacteria and viruses) into your blood stream. Healthy gut lining is important for optimal full body health.
- Tip 1. Avoid inflammatory foods like gluten and refined sugar.
- Tip 2. All hail amino acids! Bone Broth is a great source of key amino acids needed for healing and sealing the gut including glutamine, glycine, gelatin and collagen.
3. Get the Bacteria Back!
- Tip 1. Find a quality probiotic supplement.
- Tip 2. Consume fermented foods like sauerkraut and kombucha daily.
4. Support Your Digestion!
In order to extract all of the nutrients and 'goodies' out of your food it's important to support your digestion as much as possible.
- Tip 1. Start your day with a glass of warm lemon water.
- Tip 2. Chew your food until it turns to liquid.
- Tip 3. Consume your meals in a peaceful environment without distractions.
Keen to learn more?