Here’s 4 key tips that can help you support your gut…
1. Relax The Body
- Deep belly breathing. This tells your body that you are safe!
- Less intensive exercise e.g. walking rather than running, yoga rather than HIIT.
2. Heal and Seal the gut!
Many factors including stress, toxins and diet can affect the quality of your gut lining. You may have heard of leaky gut. This refers to a gut being like a sieve where it can leak bad stuff (food proteins, bacteria and viruses) into your blood stream. The gut lining needs to be healthy for optimal full body health.
- Avoid inflammatory foods like gluten and refined sugar.
- All hail Amino acids! Bone Broth is an epic source of key amino acids needed for healing and sealing including glutamine, glycine, gelatin and collagen.
3. Get the bacteria back!
- Probiotic supplements.
- Fermented foods like sauerkraut and kombucha.
4. Support your digestion!
In order to extract all of the nutrients and 'goodies' out of your food (so it can feed your body!), it is important to support your digestive system as much as possible.