RECIPE FROM OUR MATE PHIL CUI
Tastes delicious like carrot cake whilst being packed with protein, gut loving bone broth and quality fats. Pancakes that truely fuel you and satisfy your cheeky sweet tooth.
Carrot Cake Protein Pancake Stack (serves 2)
1/2 carrot, grated
2 servings of Mitchells Salted Caramel Protein Powder
1/3 cup flour of your choice (I used buckwheat)
1 tbsp of melted coconut oil or butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
2-3 tbsp of preferred milk (if mixture is too thick)
Greek yoghurt to serve
- Strain greek yoghurt in a sieve (overnight if possible) to give it some thickness.
- Grate carrot & remove moisture with a tea towel or by hand.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix together carrot, eggs and coconut oil or butter.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Add 1-3 tablespoons of milk until mixture is a batter-like consistency.
- Heat up a pan and get cooking. 2 tablespoons of mixture per pancake will yield about 8 pancakes.
- Finally stack them high, top with greek yoghurt, toasted walnuts and orange zest.
WANT TO TRY MORE RECIPES?
• Decadent Chocolate Protein Smoothie
• Salted Caramel Chocolate Mousse
• Protein Peanut Butter Choc Cups