Recipe by our friend @feedinglara
Healthy, delicious and fun Easter treats that give you all the chocolate goodness AND protein. A treat the whole family will love... if the kids don't sneak them all first!
Protein Chocolate Easter Cakes - GF, RSF, DFO
Ingredients3 large eggs
1/4 C coconut oil/butter melted
1/4 C milk of choice (such as almond milk)
1/4 C coconut sugar
1/4 C maple syrup
2 C almond flour
1/4 C tapioca flour
1/3 C cocoa powder
1/4 C Mitchells Chocolate Bone Broth Protein Powder
2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- In a large bowl, whisk the first five ingredients together, until a smooth consistency.
- In a separate bowl sift the flours together and stir in the baking powder, cocoa and protein powder.
- Combine together in the large bowl and let sit for a minute so the flours can absorb.
- Pour into greased mini cupcakes or muffins tin, making 18 mini cupcakes or 8 big (or you can do a mix of both - just fill up to the top of the tin).
- For the small size, bake for 14 minutes, for the large, bake for 19 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before topping with your chocolate icing of choice, a sprinkle of threaded coconut and some Easter eggs!
- Best eaten fresh, or store in an airtight container.
Enjoy and Happy Easter!
Want to try more recipes?